As a Data Scientist, you strive to solve real-world problems with your ability to create mathematical models and make sense of data. The types of challenges and data sources you tackle – in other words your playground – are engaging and well-varied. Besides, you are able to understand the clients’ needs, translate these into actionable steps, and manage large parts of the communication.
At idalab, you are highly embedded in dynamic project-based work. Helping our clients to manage the transition into a fully digital, data-driven future is our top priority. You will have a considerable impact on our clients’ business at the highest level from day one. Finally, you play a central role in improving work and shaping culture at idalab, a goal shared by the whole team.
- Understand clients’ needs and contextualise data within the larger business problem
- Integrate input from the clients in rapid iterations
- Analyse complex, unstructured data
- Prepare the data for analysis and link data sources
- Build clever and solid models for descriptive, explanatory, and predictive purposes
- Evaluate, visualise, and communicate your results and their implications in a clear and efficient way
- University degree (MSc or PhD) in mathematics, physics, statistics, computer science, or a related field
- Solid understanding of statistics and mathematics applied to data analysis
- Fluent in at least one language commonly used for data science: Python, R, Scala
- Extensive knowledge of SQL and relational databases
- Experience with predictive modelling and machine learning
- Willingness to work in a high-paced, consulting setup
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English